Thursday, December 18, 2014

Christmas House Tour

I love, love, love Christmas. It's my favorite holiday. As a practicing Catholic, I love the religious significance of it, and celebrate that joyfully. But I also love many things about it that aren't overtly religious: old fashioned Christmas lights, cookies, ornaments, Santa Claus, stockings over the fireplace, "A Charlie Brown Christmas", caroling, and on and on and on. I love buying gifts; I love receiving gifts (Yeah, I know, I'm not supposed to say that, but at least I'm honest about it).
 
I especially love decorating for Christmas, in large part, I suspect, because it allows me to go over the top with the decorations. Every year, I do something a little different from previous years. This year, money was tight as usual, so I pretty much had to just use what I already had. 
 
So, here's a little tour of my humble abode at Christmas
The front door welcomes you to a Snoopy Christmas. This was a very simple wreath to put together. The Snoopy ornaments are tied on using ornament hangers. This way, the ornaments aren't ruined by glue, and I can change it around when I get tired of it.
 
The view from my entryway:
 
Scenes from the Dining Room:
 
 
 
 
 



My nephew made this paper wreath when he was 7 years old. He is now 32.
 
 
I have over 400 Snoopy ornaments, so it was really hard to pick out just a few of them to trim the tree. One of these days, I'm going to clean out the 3rd bedroom and turn it into my Snoopy Room, with 3 Christmas trees up year round to display all the ornaments. I know, I'm obssessed.
 
 
The dog tree:
 
 
 Many of my dog ornaments belonged to my mom; I always think of her when I display them.
 
The living room:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
One stocking for me, one for Tallulah.
 
 
These stockings are actually plain stockings from Dollar Tree, plus part of 2 1950's embroidered pillowcases that were so stained they couldn't be salvaged. I love how they turned out.
 
Of course I can't resist a picture of my favorite china.

These lady head vases were a birthday present in September.
 
 

1 comment:

Thank you for your comment. I look forward to reading it!