Thursday, April 12, 2012

Purloined Roses and Other Stuff

You've probably already guessed from looking at my china collection, that I love flowers. I especially love roses.  It will probably be awhile before I have any roses of my own, so I've been swiping them from the bush at the empty house next door.  I know, I know, I should feel terrible about this, stealing ROSES, for crying out loud, but the bush is right at the property line, and it's my water that's been keeping those roses alive (The house has been empty since last July and the water has been shut off since then).  I also deadhead the bush from time to time, so there are probably about 50 buds on it right now!  And, oh, aren't these roses just gorgeous?!!



Their scent is divine!




I'm going to be very disappointed when that house sells!

I start my new job on Monday, so I'm enjoying my last few days of complete freedom.  I've been watching these:



I love the first two movies of this series.  They are excellent adaptations of the series of books by Lucy Maud Montgomery. (In fact, I've found a website all about the movies.  Click  here  to visit). Anne Shirley is such a wonderful heroine with an indomitable spirit and such an appreciation of the small wonders of life.  I cannot watch "Anne of Green Gables" and "Anne of Avonlea" and stay in a bad mood. 

I'm also reading this for the billionth time:

It's one of my favorite books of all time.

I've also done some planting, but am still working on the weeds. Unfortunately, it will have to wait for the next couple of days.  We had heavy rains and a thunderstorm yesterday, and there will be more rain today and tomorrow. 

I'm going tonight to my first meeting of a garden club.  A new friend from my church Bible study invited me to go, and I'm really looking forward to it.  She said that some of the members of the club are master gardeners, so I'm hoping to learn from some of the best.

Hope you all have a great day.  Thanks so much for your visit!

4 comments:

  1. Julie,
    I am happy you are meeting some friends.
    I really love Anne of Green Gables.Wonderful books and series.Best wishes to you on your new job.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting me today! These roses are just divine! I adore the two-tone shades. So very pretty! Enjoy your last few days before going back to work and best of luck!

    I wish you lived a little closer! I'll be teaching my journaling techniques a couple locations in So Cal this summer!

    Have a great day!
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the roses! So beautiful! I'm excited you're attending a garden club... You will have to share your wisdom with Josh and I. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those yellow and pink roses are just beautiful! I love Anne of Green Gables, too and it is an all time favorite movie of mine! Hope your new job is going well.
    Blessings,
    Janet

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I look forward to reading it!