Thursday, April 5, 2012

So Blooming Happy!

It has been a gorgeous spring day today.  Not too cold, not too warm.  There's a nice light breeze and . . . .

The amaryllis have finally bloomed!!




The colors are just gorgeous.  I love amaryllis. Such a big, showy flower.

The roses at the empty house next door have bloomed, as well (Shhh, don't tell anyone, but sometimes I swipe the roses).




and



I GOT A JOB!!!


It's not the office/clerical job that I wanted, but is at a retail store. Not what I had planned, but that's okay. I'm thrilled to finally have a job, and definitely grateful to have one in this economy. It will be wonderful to have a paycheck again, and will be wonderful to have something to do during the day (and the money to be able to put into action some of the plans I've been making for the past couple of years).  And, I can continue to search for the job of my dreams, without the pressure of the desperation that unemployment can sometimes bring.

A HUGE thank you to anyone who said a prayer for me, and for all the encouraging comments you've made.  I really appreciate it.  Such wonderful people in the world!

Now that I don't have to concentrate so much on the job hunt, I'm planning on posting here a lot more regularly.  I swear, I spent more time (and stress) on searching for a job than I ever had to spend on actually doing a job.  I feel like a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders.

Have a great evening.

Thank you for your visit!


3 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS! I'm admiring your flower pix; have you ever saved the bulb to plant again? I got a plant for Christmas and it finished the second blooms last week.

    Happy Easter!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tammy,
      Actually, the weather is so mild here that the bulbs can stay in the ground year-round. They're very hardy and will spread, so I'm looking forward to having a mass of amaryllis in the planter within the next couple of years.

      Don't know how well they will do in colder climates, though.

      Happy Easter!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations Julie.I am so happy that you found a job!I am sure that was very stressful.
    LOVE your flowers.I hope you will be sharing more of your garden soon.Have a wonderful Easter.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I look forward to reading it!